Please bring with you all your current regular medications (medications must be in their original packaging).
Former patients have suggested the following clothing, toiletry and personal items:
- Comfortable and appropriate day wear, including long pants and plain tops (short sleeved and long sleeved) to wear inside the Clinic
- Comfortable and appropriate street wear for any outings or walks
- Comfortable t-shirts, sports pants and sports shoes for sports activities
- Supportive, flat, non-slip slippers or light shoes to wear inside the Clinic (shoes must be worn outside your room)
- Dressing gown to suitably cover legs and arms (if pyjamas aren’t long sleeved with long pants)
- Ample underwear
- Laundry powder – a washing machine, clothes dryer and clothes horse are located in each Unit for washing your clothes.
- Skin products (including handsoaps, bodywash and moisturiser)
- Personal hygiene products (deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste) and sanitary items
- Hair products (including shampoo and conditioner, brush and comb)
Please note that clean towels, face washers and shower mat will be provided.
- Walking aids
- Hearing aids
- All bedding is provided, however you may wish to bring in a doona/duvet, blanket or rug for your bed (to feel more ‘at home’)
- Refillable water bottle as there are refill stations on each Unit
- Photographs (if appropriate) or small ornaments to feel more ‘at home’
- Quiet activities or hobbies to do during spare time, such as:
- Book(s) to read
- Art supplies such as a sketch pad, colouring books and pencils
- Craft supplies such as knitting
- Games such as crossword puzzles or word searches
- Laptop or tablet (WiFi is available)
- Music devices with earphones
- DVDs to watch in the lounge room (please consider other patients in your choice of movies)
- Items in plastic bags/plastic bags
- Sharp objects of any kind
- Alcohol and illicit drugs:
No alcohol or illicit drugs are to be brought into Albert Road Clinic or consumed at any time whilst you are a patient.
Non adherence to this policy may result in your immediate discharge.
Download this checklist