To book an outpatient appointment, admit as an inpatient or attend a Community Program, you must have a comprehensive referral specifying what program your referral is for.
- Prior to booking an outpatient appointment you must provide a referral from your General Practitioner (GP) to one of our Psychiatrists. Find a Psychiatrist.
- To admit as an inpatient or to attend a Community Program, please ask your current treating Psychiatrist to send a referral. If you don’t currently see a Psychiatrist, your GP can send a referral.
- If your referral is for the Adolescent or Young Adult Program, please provide supporting documentation from any mental health services or clinicians involved in your care.
- Your referrer will send a referral to Ramsay Clinic Albert Road where it will be reviewed by a member of our Intake Team.
- The Intake Team will then contact you to obtain additional information, undertake an assessment of suitability for care in our programs and complete a preliminary health fund check.
- The Intake Team member will then circulate your referral to a Ramsay Clinic Albert Road Psychiatrist with expertise in the area you require assistance.
- Once admission criteria are met and one of our Psychiatrist agrees to admission, the Intake Team will contact you to arrange your admission.
Please note, on occasions where there is not a Psychiatrist available, the intake team will notify you and your referrer and provide information on other resources and supports available to you.
- Your Psychiatrist or GP will send a referral to Ramsay Clinic Albert Road where it will be reviewed by a member of our Intake team and circulated to the Psychiatrists with expertise appropriate to your needs.
- The Intake team will advise your GP or other referrer of the doctor accepting the referral.
- A Consulting Suite team member will then contact you to arrange an initial outpatient appointment to meet the Psychiatrist and confirm your suitability for Community Programs.
- After this initial outpatient appointment, the Psychiatrist will then refer you to the Community Program you have discussed at your appointment.
- A member of the Community Programs team will contact you to undertake a health fund check and book an appointment for an assessment by a Community Programs therapist.
- After you have had an assessment with a Community Programs therapist, you will be booked into the appropriate program.
- Your GP will send a referral directly to a Ramsay Clinic Albert Road Psychiatrist –Find a Psychiatrist.
- Once your referral has been accepted you will be contacted by your Psychiatrist’s Consulting Suite staff member to make arrangements for your appointment. Your GP will also be notified.
Please note, on occasions where the Psychiatrist is not available or your referral is not accepted, a Consulting Suite staff member will notify yourself and your referrer of the outcome.