Dr Tawde has a cumulative experience in Psychiatry of more than 15 years. My main qualifications include postgraduation in Psychiatry from India (MD in Psychiatry), UK (MRCPsych) and Australia (FRANZCP).
He has been a Consultant Psychiatrist primarily in General Adult Psychiatry in Victoria for the more than 8 years.
Scope of practice: Management of mental health problems of persons over the age of 18 years both outpatient and inpatient.
Expertise and special interests in the following mental health conditions:
- Anxiety disorders such as panic disorder, PTSD, obsessive compulsive disorder, generalised anxiety disorder, phobias and related disorders.
- Mood disorders including depression, dysthymia, bipolar affective disorder and related mental health problems.
- Psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, brief psychotic episodes.
- Perinatal mental health problems including postnatal depression, post partum psychosis.
- Neuropsychiatry - presence of comorbid neurological and mental health problems.)
MBBS, MD (Psychiatry), MRCPsych, FRANZCP